HOLIDAYS BHUTAN stritctly follows the tourist tariff regulated by the government, but the difference with us that we value-add whatever extras we can to not compromise your experience in Bhutan. The government’s minimum daily package set for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD 200 per person per night for the lean season (January, February, June, July, August and December).
- USD 250 per person per night for the peak season (March, April, May, September, October and November).
- USD 40 per person for visa fee (one-time).
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, it’s limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable actual. As per the government policy, the payment in US Dollars in full must be transferred after finalizing the holiday package to enable us to produce its receipt, which is one required document to process your visa.
The minimum daily package covers the following services:
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation on twin-sharing basis (Single-occupancy will be quoted extra. 4 & 5 star may require an additional premium. If you prefer one of them or accommodation of your choice, we shall be happy to offer, but they could come at additional costs depending on the accommodation.)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Tea and snacks
- Entrance fees to temples and monuments
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal road transport (excluding internal and external flights, which can be offered at additional costs.). HOLIDAYS BHUTAN can also book your flights end-to-end.
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of USD 65, which goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
- Drinks and beverages
- All laundry bill
- Telephone and Internet (if not provided free at the accommodation)
Surcharges for single and two
In addition to the above tariff, these are surchages for single traveler and a group of two as follows:
Single individual: USD 40 per night
Group of 2 persons: USD 30 per person per night.
- There shall be no charge for children below the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 5-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall also be given a 25% discount on the Royalty (of USD 65).
- A discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50% discount on Royalty (of USD 65) shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty (of USD 65) shall be provided after the 14th night.
- Visitors availing discounts under Sections i & ii shall not be eligible for discount under iv.
As per the government policy, traveler must wire transfer the total payment for the holiday package to the account of the Tourism Council of Bhutan. We shall provide account details and payment instructions to to be furnished to your local bank for transfer. The wire transfer is done to the Bhutan National Bank through one of their certified international partners (in your country) with HOLIDAYS BHUTAN specified as the ultimate beneficiary.